Spirulina is a blue-green algae that grows in most water sources around the world. This plant is a powerful source of micro-nutrients and protein.
The ancient Aztecs were first seen using spirulina as a form of food. Spirulina has been declared by NASA as a superfood, which is essential for space travel. Here’s a post for further information about the use of spirulina for space travel.
What makes spirulina a superfood?
Not only does Spirulina contain high amounts of proteins, vitamins, and minerals, but it is also low in calories and has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties.
What are the health benefits of Spirulina?
1. Spirulina is a great supplement for vegans because it is high in protein.
2. Spirulina has almost no calories, which makes this a great supplement for those who want to lose or manage their weight.
3. Spirulina helps to reduce symptoms of allergies.
4. Spirulina acts as a pre-biotic, which increases good bacteria in the stomach.
5. Contains B vitamins and folic acid which are important to keep the nerves and brain working properly, therefore they may also help in preventing Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease.
6. Powerful anti-oxidants help to protect the body from diseases caused by toxins in our air, water, and food.
7. Spirulina lowers Cholesterol levels.
8. Increases oxygen in the blood
9. Spirulina can help to prevent heart and kidney disease, which is caused by
10. Spirulina helps to protect healthy cells from the negative effects of cancer treatments such as radiation and Chemotherapy.
11. Studies have shown Spirulina to be effective in preventing the growth of some types of cancer cells.
How should you take Spirulina?
Spirulina is FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) approved and experts say that the recommended daily allowance (RDA) should not be more than 50 grams per day.
Spirulina should only be taken during the day because it increases energy levels and could disturb sleeping patterns.
You should start to feel a change in your health and energy levels after about 3 weeks of using the spirulina regularly, although, slight changes in the digestive system have been reported within the first days of using spirulina.
There are many companies that produce spirulina supplements in different forms such as: pills or powder.
One such company is DXN, a Malaysian company that grows and produces its own spirulina tablets. The company recommends a blend of 3 of its own products called ” The Golden Triangle” to bring complete health and balance to the body. DXN spirulina tablets are part of this triangle along with DXN Ganoderma Reishi powder and Noni Juice.
In conclusion, Spirulina has a variety of benefits which both prevent and treat different illnesses naturally, therefore it is safe for people of all ages to use.
Are you interested in trying Spirulina products? you can purchase your products online at SuperGano shop.